Exactly what would you like your smile to look like? It may seem like a basic question, but it’s one that many patients struggle to answer in a detailed way. And before you pursue cosmetic dentistry, you’ll need to know the kind of smile you want. This post should help you decide what your ideal smile is like. By deciding what you want to change and then choosing the appropriate treatment, you begin a journey that will end in heightened confidence, improved capabilities, and personal satisfaction.
Deciding on Your Ideal Smile
It will take some time and thought to decide what’s right for you. Start out with these steps:
- Find teeth that you admire. Look at photos of celebrities, check out your friends’ and family’s teeth, and find sources of inspiration.
- Consider what you like and dislike about your smile. There are positive and negative aspects of every smile. Figure out what you like about it to decide what you’d like to enhance, and what you’d like to obscure.
- Decide whether your teeth need strengthening. Cosmetic dentistry takes form and function into account. Is your enamel weak or teeth sensitive? Are certain teeth prone to cavities? There may be a treatment that could make a difference.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help
- Veneers – Lengthen, strengthen, and reshape teeth
- Bonding – Close gaps between teeth, repair cracks or chips
- Teeth whitening – Brighten your smile and remove stains
- Porcelain crowns – Rebuild worn or damaged teeth – even molars
- Dental contouring – Reshape your teeth and make your smile more symmetrical
- Gum contouring – Balance a gummy smile
- Botox and Juvederm – Smooth and rejuvenate the skin around your smile
If you’re intrigued by any of the treatments listed above, please contact our office to begin a discussion! We look forward to meeting you and helping your achieve your aesthetic goals.