Dentures & Partials
For many years, tooth loss was considered an inevitable part of aging. And, unfortunately, the traditional treatment made the loss of teeth even harder to bear.
Dentures have come a very long way since your grandparents’ time. Our comprehensive denture solutions can restore your natural appearance and functionality.
Learn more about your options for full and partial dentures. Please call (303) 758-7676 to schedule your initial consultation at Cherry Creek Dentistry. Our dentists serve patients in Metro Denver and throughout Colorado.
What Are Full Dentures?
Full or complete dentures replace an entire row of teeth. If you are totally edentulous (have lost all of your teeth), the prosthesis will consist of full false teeth for the upper and lower arch.
The traditional image of full dentures is that they are supported solely by the gums and other structures within the mouth. Although this design for dentures is still in use today, an increasingly popular alternative is implant-supported dentures.
What Are Implant-Supported Dentures?
With implant-supported dentures, you will have an overdenture anchored in place by dental implants. So, instead of dentures resting on your gums, they are securely locked to implants.
Implant-supported dentures have a number of advantages:
- Anchoring the prosthesis improves chewing ability and expands the variety of foods you can eat
- The dentures don’t shift when speaking, giving you clearer speech
- No embarrassment from slipping dentures
- Custom dentures are specially designed to fit comfortably in your mouth, minimizing irritation of the gums
- Restorations affixed to implants stimulate the bone, halting the bone resorption caused by tooth loss and improving oral health
At Cherry Creek Dentistry, we perform all phases of your surgery and restoration in its entirety which will not only improve your overall outcome but also save you time and money.
At our comfortable in-office surgical suite, we perform oral surgery procedures including implant surgery, bone grafting, and more. Our dentists will monitor the integration of the dental implant with your jawbone, customize your denture or other restoration, and determine when the time is right to place it.
What Is a Partial Denture?
Partial dentures are a type of removable prosthesis that replaces missing one or more teeth. Partial dentures are a tried-and-true method for replacing a limited number of lost teeth, and innovations in techniques and technology make it possible for the prosthetic to match your smile.
Partial dentures can be anchored in place using dental implants. However, like with complete implant-supported dentures, this is dependent on the health and density of your jawbone.
Cherry Creek Dentistry also offers patients a removable partial denture (also called RPD) for patients who need partial tooth replacement but aren’t candidates for dental implants.
With an RPD, you enjoy the following benefits:
- Replacement of more teeth: One or more teeth can be replaced in one prosthesis for the same price
- No preparation of nearby teeth: Teeth on one or both sides of a bridge need to be capped to hold the restoration. Removable partials consist of clips or wires around nearby teeth, so no prep is necessary.
- Easy maintenance: The RPD appliance is removed at night for cleaning. This gives you access to the space covered by the denture to maintain the health of the gums and nearby teeth.
Ultimately, the decision on what kind of tooth restoration is right for you will depend on your needs and goals. The team at Cherry Creek Dentistry has extensive experience with complex cases of full and partial tooth loss. During your consultation, our dentists will fully evaluate your oral health and determine if dentures are an ideal component of your full mouth rehabilitation.
Discover Your Denture Options Today
Dentures may be a viable option for restoring lost teeth and repairing your smile. If you want to reclaim the look, feel, and function of natural teeth through quality full or partial prostheses, our dentists are proud to discuss all of your choices.
Please call (303) 758-7676 to schedule your initial consultation at Cherry Creek Dentistry. Our dentists serve patients throughout the Denver Metro area and all of Colorado.