We know that flossing isn’t the most exciting part of your day. But no matter how much fun flossing may or may not be, it is one of the best things you can do for your teeth. Flossing should be a consistent part of your oral hygiene routine, and you should floss every day. Doesn’t sound like your thing? Our Denver team has put together a list of incentives for you to floss often and thoroughly. You may be amazed by the ways that flossing will improve your teeth, oral health, and even the appearance of your smile.
Why You Should Get Excited About Flossing
Flossing is just great for every aspect of your mouth. It accomplishes a number of tasks, some of them surprising:
- Improves gum health – Floss accesses parts of your mouth that a toothbrush isn’t able to, leading to a reduced risk of periodontal disease. Bacteria that are trapped against your teeth at the gum line are common offenders when it comes to plaque buildup. Removing that bacteria will both strengthen your gums (so that they don’t bleed whenever you floss!) and
- Whitens teeth – Flossing helps to remove external stains from the areas of your teeth next to your gums.
- Prevents decay – Just as it prevents periodontal disease, flossing removes food particles and bacteria from your teeth to prevent decay.
- Freshens breath – Getting rid of that extra bacteria will improve your breath!
- There’s a floss right for every patient – No matter your needs, there’s a corresponding floss that’s just right for your teeth.
Getting Into A Daily Flossing Habit
If your gums are sore and bloody after flossing, that simply means that you should be doing it more often. Keep at it to see relief within a few weeks. If you have any questions about your flossing practices, simply get in touch with our Denver practice.