When you’re facing something out of the ordinary, you’ll feel more than a little nervous. Not knowing what to expect or how the situation will affect you gives you the feeling of a loss of control. Patients who need oral surgery are in this uncomfortable boat. But if you’re facing a surgical procedure and you’re a patient of Cherry Creek Dentistry, you’ll be able to cut out some of that uncertainty. We offer a wide variety of oral surgical procedures in-office, to save our patients the time, effort, and discomfort of finding a surgeon and getting acquainted with a new office. On the day of your procedure, you’ll be comfortable and prepared alongside your family dentist. Read on to learn more about a few of the procedures available at our office, and the ways they can prepare your mouth for stronger oral health or a more beautiful smile.
Oral Surgery At Cherry Creek Dentistry
- Extraction – A tooth extraction removes a tooth that has become an irreparable problem, whether via infection, decay, disfunction, or physical damage.
- Bone Graft – Bone grafts add bone mass to an area that will support a dental implant to ensure the implant placement is a success.
- Sinus Lift – A sinus lift accomplishes the same task as a bone graft prior to implant placement, but takes place in the upper jaw.
- Gum Surgery – Gum surgery may be advantageous in many circumstances – to repair tissue damaged by periodontal disease, close periodontal pockets, or reduce a gummy smile.
- Biopsies – Biopsies allow us to determine whether tissue is healthy or diseased. A biopsy may be taken after an irregular result appears during an oral cancer screening.
Do I need Denver dental surgery?
Your dentist will let you know if there is any reason to pursue oral surgery. Whether it will aid another dental treatment you are receiving or improve your overall health, oral surgery may be essential.