Denver Wisdom Teeth Removal
Patients facing wisdom teeth extractions typically view the appointments with dread. Our Denver dentist finds that these patients feel better about the extractions if they understand just why their wisdom teeth are being pulled. Wisdom teeth are typically not a helpful part of your teeth, and more often have a negative influence on your bite, oral health, and overall dental situation. Though the extraction procedure may seem stressful, it will be tailored to you and will not cause you pain. Once the area of extraction has healed, you will be overjoyed with the results.
Why Do My Wisdom Teeth Need to Be Removed?
Having your wisdom teeth removed offers the following positive aspects:
- Easier oral hygiene – Without the frequently cramped wisdom teeth taking up space at the back of your mouth, it’s easier to brush and floss around your molars.
- Improved oral health – Wisdom teeth have many fissures that are difficult to clean, and harbor bacteria. Removal of the teeth creates a cleaner mouth.
- Removal of impacted teeth – Your wisdom teeth are frequently impacted, meaning they erupt improperly (often sideways, or not fully because there is not enough room). This creates pressure against other teeth and causes discomfort.
- Removal of misangled teeth – Improperly angled wisdom teeth are detrimental to your bite and can cause you to accidentally bite your tongue or teeth.
- Wisdom teeth may not offer function – Depending on their placement, many wisdom teeth actually offer no function and don’t take part in your chewing. Having them removed will not change the way you eat or the way your teeth fit together.
If you will need to remove your wisdom teeth, your dentist will let you know when it is the appropriate time. We will offer you proper anesthesia to match your anxiety level and prevent pain during the extraction. Our Denver dentist offers the added advantage of having your wisdom teeth removed in our office, rather than having to visit a new doctor.
Have you been putting off wisdom tooth removal? Contact our office to learn more about dental extractions with our Denver dentist.